Faith Baptist Church is looking for someone to lead music and youth, which would be a full-time position. They are willing to have two separate people, but both positions would then be part-time.
Ministry to Students:
- Develop, promote and coordinate a balanced program of activities and discipleship ministry to youth.
- Train and involve youth and youth leaders in an outreach program to reach unsaved youth.
- Plan yearly youth emphasis (i.e. Youth Week, Youth Revivals) to involve youth in areas of church leadership.
- Involve youth in ministry, mission projects, camps and events.
- Be available for counseling.
- Support youth in their school setting.
- Lead weekly youth meetings for grades 6-12 ( Sunday Morning/ Wednesday Nights).
- Organize and run any youth fundraisers for camps, missions, etc.
- Delegate set up, tear down, clean up and lock down after all youth programs and events.
Ministry to Parents:
- Be available to parents to discuss issues related to their child or youth ministry.
Ministry to Student Leadership:
- Enlist a balance of men and women youth workers.
- Lead regular leadership meetings with youth leaders.
- Provide training opportunities in church and/or at state and national levels.
- Is a member of the Ministry Leadership Team.
- Draw up a yearly budget for the youth ministry and submit it to the Stewardship Team.
- Will be available to fill the pulpit, conduct funerals, assist deacons in hospital visitations, ect. In the pastor’s absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor.
- Be a born again believer in Jesus Christ. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for FBC in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with the mission and vision at Faith.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to create and lead one well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship service and one Wednesday Evening service. This includes leading the Sunday and Wednesday Worship service and recruiting and developing a worship team, and scheduling vocalists. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Lead Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday services.
- Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading and with a guitar and/or keyboard is a plus, but not a requirement. Ability to lead with piano or acoustic accompaniment is necessary.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Attend all necessary meetings with the Lead Pastor, and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
- Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday and Wednesday worship services.
- When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Either currently is a member of, or willing and qualified to join the membership of Faith Baptist Church upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith (Baptist Faith and Message 1963).