The Worship Pastor is involved in all phases of ministry for First Baptist Church of Wauchula. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, overseeing the planning, coordinating, and implementation of music programs for weekly ministries. This position is a full-time, salaried staff position. The Worship Pastor reports to the pastor or to personnel in the event of an absent pastor.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Worship Pastor serves as the worship leader of FBCW and is responsible for directing the Music Ministry (praise band and occasional choir and orchestra). This position serves at the direction of the Pastor and Personnel Committee and works with the Chair of the Music Committee or designee. This position is eligible for the FBC Benefit Package including vacation, sick pay, retirement, housing allowance, etc. per employment negotiation.
Job responsibilities may include:
● Develop, with input from the Pastor and Music Committee, the type and style of music.
● Develop and coordinate with the Pastor the Sunday order of worship and communicate to the appropriate individuals for execution.
● Develop a multi-generational worship relationship with the Youth and Children’s Ministries.
● Identify and schedule groups and/or individuals for the special music.
● Partner with the Music Committee on musical selections to be used for special programs i.e. Christmas, Easter, etc.
● Coordinate and conduct rehearsal schedules including special events and communicate to appropriate individuals.
● Foster a climate that is conducive to the growth of the Music Ministry and spiritual growth of the church.
● Obtain pre-approved expenditures for the Music Ministry by the Chair of the Music Committee or (designee) using the church’s established purchase procedures. Work with the Music Committee to submit and establish a budget.
● Schedule and conduct quarterly meetings with the music committee.
● Coordinate with the Tech Team to ensure all multimedia needs are met to support the Music Ministry.
● All other responsibilities as assigned by the Pastor, Chair of the Music Committee or designee.
● Purchases of music, equipment, or any other expenses must align with the Music budget and follow established financial procedures.
● All materials and equipment provided by First Baptist Church Wauchula are considered property of FBC and are not to be removed from the church without prior approval
Ministry Related to Staff:
● Work with the pastor and other staff members in leading the Music ministry and ensure that the vision and goals of the Music ministry are aligned with the vision and goals of the church.
● Work with leaders and volunteers in the Music ministry to organize and implement an ongoing outreach program from children to parents and grandparents or any community church member, in conjunction with the church outreach ministry.
● Attend staff meetings when scheduled by the pastor.
Ministry Related to the Church:
● Responsible for planning and producing materials (through various mediums) that promote the Music ministry and activities, or ministries associated with it so that the church can be informed of the happenings of the ministry.
● Responsible for safety and security procedures for the Director of Music
● A strong walk with God through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by actions, attitudes and relationships.
● A clear calling from God to minister to all church members and families.
● A teachable spirit, with a desire to grow in your faith and abilities.
● Belief in and support of the doctrinal beliefs of First Baptist Church of Wauchula. (Southern Baptist faith and message). Full time staff members are expected to be members of FBCW within 6 months of hire.
● Bachelor’s from an accredited University preferred or higher
● Seminary student or graduate
● A minimum of three years of experience in music ministry and/or music teaching experience is preferred
● Previous administrative experience
● Previous experience leading worship on a regular Sunday (experience with a Choir and/or Orchestra would be helpful)
● The ability to pass background, criminal and financial checks
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9)
● A team player who is highly relational
This job description is not intended to state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed.