The Baptist College of Florida participates in the full range of state and federal aid programs. In addition, several other programs are offered to help students meet the cost of attending the college. Financial assistance offered can be in the form of grants, employment, loans, or scholarships. The applicant's financial need, academic achievement, community and school service, and potential achievement may be considered in determining eligibility for different programs. All financial aid forms, information and FAFSA link are available below. Paper applications for grants, scholarships, and loans are available upon request.
Financial Aid Applicant Requirements
- is accepted in good academic standing and maintains satisfactory academic progress at the college;
- is enrolled in an eligible program as a degree seeking student; courses not contributing to a student's degree program will be ineligible for Title IV Federal Funds;
- is a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen and has a valid social security number;
- owes no refund or repayment on a previous educational grant;
- is not delinquent on a student education loan;
- and, for programs based on financial need, has established financial eligibility through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
A student eligible to apply for financial aid
To initiate the application process for grants, loans and college work-study, a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students may apply online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. The application period begins October 1 of each year for the following academic year. The FAFSA application may be sent any time throughout the year, but by early submission the applicant may be eligible for additional grants. Students must reapply for financial aid each academic year.
After BCF has received the resluts of the FASFA from the government, the applicant will be informed of any additional forms needed to complete the process. Students must submit all requred forms to the financial aid office in order to be considered for any financial aid programs. For priority consideration of state grants and institutional scholarships, a student's financial aid file must be complete 45 days prior to the beginning of the semester. The Financial Aid Office will send each qualified student an award letter detailing the amount the student will receive in financial aid. Each student is responsible for payment of 75% of the difference between charges and financial aid by the first day of class for the fall and spring semesters. For J-Term and summer semesters the difference between charges and financial aid must be paid in full by the first day of class.
Types of Financial Aid Available
Federal funds include Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work-Study (FWS), Student Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), and Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS).
State funds include Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG), Effective Access to Student Grant (EASE), Florida Bright Futures Scholarship (Academic, Medallion), Academic Top Scholars, and Children/Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Veterans.
Institutional funds include scholarships from the Florida Baptist Convention and The Baptist College of Florida (Florida Ministerial Aid), and over 100 institutional scholarships. Christ is Our Salvation Loan fund and BCF short-term loans are available to qualifying students.
Outside sources include Alabama Baptist Foundation, Georgia Baptist Foundation, Lois B. & John F. Hipps Scholarship, L. Don Miley Scholarship, Alabama and Florida Prepaid Tuition Programs.
Veterans Administration and Vocational Rehabilitation benefits are accepted at our institution.
Tuition Assistance (TA) is accepted at our institution. To begin this process, service members must speak with a counselor from their branch of the military. The counselor will help establish an education plan so the service member can move along to the next step of his/her personal and professional journey.
Financial Aid Forms and Links
- Complete FMA Packet
- BCF Students Rights and Responsibilities
- IRS Tax Transcript and Verification of Not Filing Letter
- BCF Financial Aid Application
- BCF Institutional Scholarship Application
- Student Fee Authorization FSA Funds
- 2019-2020 Federal Direct Loan Request
- Independent Verification Worksheet V1
- Independent Verification Worksheet V4
- Independent Verification Worksheet V5