- Admissions Home
- Meet the Staff
- Quick Facts/Tuition and Fees
- Campus Life/Housing
- Community Info/BCF's Location
- Financial Aid
- Mission and Accreditation
- Campus Crime Report
- Schedule a Visit
- Apply Now!
Office of Admissions
The Baptist College of Florida
5400 College Dr.
Graceville, FL 32440
(800) 328-2660 ext. 460
(850) 263-9026 Fax email@example.com
How to Apply
All admissions correspondence such as applications, academic records, financial documents, examination results, and translations must be addressed to the Director of Admissions, The Baptist College of Florida, 5400 College Drive, Graceville, Florida 32440, USA. All correspondence should include the applicant’s return mailing address and email address.
When to Apply
Since the admissions process for international students is time consuming, the Office of Admissions recommends that an applicant outside the U.S. apply to BCF six to nine months before the desired date of entrance. This will allow enough time for the exchange of correspondence, evaluation of all necessary documents, and the settling of financial and immigration matters.
The international application process is designed for all non-U.S. citizens. To be considered for admission, all international applicants must meet the same admission requirements as all degree-seeking students as described on page 7 of the college catalog (pdf).
Application Material Required
- Application: An application accompanied by an application fee of $25 payable in U.S. currency (check or money order).
- Recommendation Forms: The Church and Pastor Recommendation (completed by the appropriate church official and approved by the church where the applicant is a member) and one Personal Recommendation for Admission form must accompany the application for admission.
- Academic Records: A complete, official transcript (academic record) of all secondary school studies, and official results of all state and/or national examinations taken. A complete official transcript of all studies in every institution of higher education attended beyond the secondary school level. This record must list all examination grades, degrees, and certificates held by the applicant. NOTE: An evaluation form from World Education Services, Inc., may be found online at www.wes.org or can be provided by the admissions office if requested. The student is responsible for requesting an evaluation of any foreign credentials from WES, Inc. Applications to BCF will not be processed without proper translation of foreign transcripts.
- English Proficiency: Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and score satisfactorily. Applicants must have a composite score of 500 with 55 on the listening portion. The test results must be forwarded to The Baptist College of Florida. Information regarding the TOEFL is available from any American Consulate as well as from: TOEFL, Educational Testing Service, Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08541 U.S.A. Scoring Level 6 on the ASPECT University Placement Service test will be accepted in lieu of the TOEFL test.
- Financial Statement: certified original affidavit by parents, relatives, government or private organization or a combination indicating their commitment to financially support the applicant must be forwarded to the College. Proof of the available funds must accompany this statement.
- Photographs: Two photographs taken within six months prior to filing the application must be included.
- Tuition: Tuition and fees for international students are charged at the same rate as those charged to all other students.
- Financial Assistance: The College does not offer financial aid to international students.
- Immunization Requirement: In addition to the regular immunization requirements international students are required to submit PPD skin test and results for Tuberculosis less than one year old from the time of application.
- Full-Time Enrollment: While attending the College, international students are required to be enrolled full-time. The student must remain in good standing and make satisfactory progress defined as enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester hours each regular semester.
- Tuition and Fee Deposits: International students are required to place a deposit with the college. Currently the deposit is $6,000.00 U.S. dollars. This deposit must be made before the college will issue an I-20 Certificate of eligibility to the student.
- Campus Studies: International students may take courses at the Graceville or Orlando campuses only.
- Online Studies: (a) International students attending the Graceville or Orlando Campus may take online courses, however an international student must take at least 9 hours in the classroom per term to maintain their F-1 status. (b) International students may take courses and seek a degree online only from their country of origin. Such students must meet the necessary English language requirements and all regular admissions requirements.
Notification of Application Status
Notice of the admissions committee’s decision is sent as soon as possible after all required information has been received and evaluated. Applicants will be notified by mail if additional documents are needed. The I-20 Certificate of Eligibility is mailed to the student when all admission requirements are met. Students wishing to postpone their arrival to a later semester must notify the Office of Admissions in writing. The College will issue a new I-20 for the desired semester only after the student has returned the original form that is no longer valid.