Click here to apply for this degree!
The Bachelor of Arts in Music is designed to provide graduates with a strong foundation in musical knowledge and preparation for music ministry, vocations of various types, and graduate study.
Music Course Requirements | 120 Total Hours
General Education Foundation (33 hours)
Specializations within the General Education Foundation
- MH 403 Music History: Antiquity through Baroque*
- MH 404 Music History: Classical through 20th Century*
- SCI 201 Introduction to Biological Science
- MU 202 Technology for Music Ministry OR
MUE 360 Technology for the Music Classroom
Biblical/Theological Foundation (18 hours)
General Electives (15 hours)
Major (54 hours)
Music Theory (16 hours)
- MT 101 Elementary Harmony
- MT 102 Intermediate Harmony
- MT 103 Sight Singing Ear Training I
- MT 104 Sight Singing Ear Training II
- MT 201 Advanced Harmony I
- MT 202 Advanced Harmony II
- MT 203 Sight Singing and Ear Training III
- MT 204 Sight Singing and Ear Training IV
Conducting (6 hours)
- MC 210 Basic Conducting
- MC 310 Advanced Choral Conducting and Literature
- MC 410 Advanced Instrumental Conducting and Literature
Music History (8 hours)
- MH 201 Music Literature
- MH 403 Music History: Antiquity through Baroque
- MH 404 Music History: Classical through 20th Century
Applied Music (12 hours)
- Applied Principal - Guitar, Organ, Piano, Voice, Instrumental (8 hours, 3 hours must be upper level)
- Applied Secondary - Piano or Voice (4 hours)
- MUS 101 Recital Lab (0 hours; each semester)
- MUS 460 Senior Recital (0 hours)
Ensembles (8 hours)
- ME Music Ensemble - 8 semester hours according to principal
Music Electives (13 hours)
* Hours counted in General Education and in total.
** 3 Hours of ensemble credit are counted in General Education and in total.
- Every music major will be enrolled in an ensemble every semester they are enrolled at BCF.
- Every music major will be enrolled in MUS 101. Recital Lab every semester they are enrolled at BCF.
- Every music major will be enrolled in a piano class or private lesson every semester until they pass piano proficiencies
See the current college catalog for more information.