- Computer and Information Systems Policy (pdf)
- Student Computing Guide (Graceville) (pdf)
- Student Computing Guide (Distance & Online) (pdf)
- General Computer Information
IT Contact Information
Cathy P. Williams | IT Director
5400 College Dr.
Graceville, FL 32440
(800) 328-2660 ext. 420
(850) 263-9026 Fax
Virus Protection and FirewallYou should run firewall software on any computer connecting to any network. Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X and iOS both have built-in firewalls. Computers must be running virus protection with a virus pattern that is no more than 30 days old to be reasonably protected from malware. It is best to update the virus pattern or virus definitions every day.
Several anti-virus resources are listed below for your convenience. The Baptist College of Florida makes no guarantee as to the quality or effectiveness of these products.
No-charge solutions examples:
Sophos Mobile Security http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-mobile-security-free-edition.aspx
Norton Mobile Security http://us.norton.com/norton-mobile-security/
Trend Micro http://us.trendmicro.com/us/home/
Information about security and online safety: http://www.microsoft.com/protect/default.aspx
Regularly install security patches on your computer operating system.
To get updates immediately:
To get updates immediately:
2. From the View menu, choose Software Update.
3. Click the Check Now button (or Update Now in earlier Mac OS X versions).
4. In the Software Update window, select the items you want to install, then click Install.
5. Enter an administrator account name and password.
6. After the update is complete, restart the computer if required.
7. Repeat these steps to see if more updates are now available. Because some software updates are prerequisites for others, you may need to repeat these steps several times to complete the software update sequence.
Online Safety and Privacy
Please take the time to educate yourself about computer online safety. There are many excellent resources available to you concerning this topic. Following is a link to online safety and privacy information on Microsoft’s site: http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.aspx
Microsoft Security help and support is available for the home user to help you obtain support for security-related issues such as viruses and security updates. http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_virsec_master?ws=support
Other Vendor Support Links
The following hardware and software vendors provide support that may be covered by a warranty, contract, and or on a pay per incident basis.
Apple Support: http://www.apple.com/support/ or 800.275.2273
Dell Support: http://support.dell.com/ or 800.624.9896
HP/Compaq Support: http://www.hp.com/#Support or 800.474.6836
eMachines Support: http://www.emachines.com/support/
Gateway Support: http://support.gateway.com
Microsoft support phone numbers: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_selector_telephone